Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Shaiya Beginning. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Server & Drop Issues
Topic Started: Oct 2 2012, 11:16 PM (1,975 Views)
[GM]Kurenai

We are currently experiencing issues with the server; Dalek is dealing with the host and trying to get the problem sorted out. An update will be added when it is back online, we apologise for any inconvenience but this is from the host's side so there isn't a lot we can do currently.

We have also removed the lv6 lapis from the CS angel drop table as well as the drops from Formal Wills and Jullia Dillun (quest mini-bosses on map 2 AoL). Those lapis already farmed from CS will not be removed however all items attained by farming Formal Wills and Jullia Dillun will be, including linked lapis. If you try to hide these items from us we will find out and we will ban you - our logs do not lie. Cooperate and there will be no repercussions.

I would like to have it known that we are extremely disappointed this was not reported as it should have been obvious that mobs with a thirty second respawn were not intended to drop these items. The server is in beta for a reason: so that these issues can be isolated and resolved with minimal damage. If you come across anything unusual in the future please contact a GM, as we may not be so lenient next time someone abuses an error.
Offline Profile Goto Top

[GM]Dalek
Member Avatar
Administrator

The reply I received from our host was not one I had hoped for. I can't say that we'll stay on this host, and (quite soon, if so) will likely move to another host. The current host we are using has been nothing but trouble.
Offline Profile Goto Top

[GM]Dalek
Member Avatar
Administrator

After much talking with our host, and disappointment, I feel I should share the truth with all of you.

2 days ago, Apollyon PM'd me on ElitePvPers, and told me he was DDoSing our server. He took us down 5 hours.
During that, I had to talk to support. They null-routed the IP he was attacking and that stopped him. However in the process they broke the "Smart Layer" on our server. No problem, quick fix.
Yesterday their network started to bottleneck our server, and we could barely get 50 KB/S in/out. I worked for 3-4 hours straight trying to fix this on our end before going to them.

This is where the nightmare begins. I opened the ticket at 12:11 AM. I received a response at 3:05 AM that was in no way related to my issue. I replied asking for a more helpful response at 3:13 AM. At 4:36 AM I sent a message telling them this was an urgent matter and really needed help. At 5:04 AM I went to the Live Chat and pleaded with the support agent to get me someone who could help. He told me this was now under his highest priority and was taking care of it right then and there in chat.

At 6:00 AM, the agent told me he was forwarding me to a System Administrator. Little did I know this was because whatever he did, caused the server to reboot in a loop. At 7:40 AM the sysadmin finally got in contact with me, and told me, that the OS had gotten corrupted. My only option was to have them reinstall the OS onto a new HDD, and load the old HDD via USB to retrieve the files. This upset me, but as long as my files were safe,

At 8:36, I was alerted that the new HDD wouldn't mount. They apparently contacted the Datacenter Operator for a new USB Adapter. At 9:24 PM, they contacted me once again and said that they couldn't get the HDD to mount and my data was now lost, unless I sent it to their Data Recovery Center and paid $1500+ to have the data THEY LOST recovered.

This means that because of them, the server files are lost. I have an older copy on my computer but it would/will take me a week+ to get it running again and proper. No user files are on this. All current data would be gone. Yes, part of this is my fault as I should have had a backup saved offsite. I was in the process of uploading it when the bottleneck hit yesterday.

Michael has informed me that he is going to return the donations we received. I still haven't decided what we're going to do yet. I do know if we decide (I decided if I feel up to working weeks again) recreate the server, that we will not be using iWeb again.

I've opened this thread for everyone. And I'm sincerely sorry this has happened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KAM

LOL ima NuB
If you look at my post in Sugestions i said " Cs acc/6 drops seem fine "
I thought they were good

So what did we learn here.....If KAM likes something...You getter have a look into it

i didnt know about the other drop problen i skipped map 2
Offline Profile Goto Top

KAM

One question

Will ya have closed Beta while u work on it so NuBs like me have somewere to hangout?

Sure hope u redo server im pretty sure it be a success
Offline Profile Goto Top

[GM]Safe

KAM
Oct 3 2012, 08:39 PM
One question

Will ya have closed Beta while u work on it so NuBs like me have somewere to hangout?

Sure hope u redo server im pretty sure it be a success
Maybe closed beta not certain as yet

Yes we are comming back.

All donation have been refunded in full. (there was 3)

Thanks for the support everyone, this was not a fault of ours but it is our responsability.

Back soon better than ever on a host that wont let us down.

Stay tuned

Kind Regards
Safe

Offline Profile Goto Top

KAM

Any News>

Im borde

Dont take too long i may have to talk to my wife LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

jvirus001
Snake

tell when the server is up sir? we are pretty excited to play back again.. we are many to wait your server.. about 4 internet shop.. minimum of 30 player's per internet shop.. my recruit.. hope we play soon.. i really appreciate the effort of Admin's.. hope this server is successfully growth.. and we are salute you Admin's and those people donate.. xD
Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Updates · Next Topic »
Locked Topic